Hours & Attendance
School hours: Students are welcome any time from 7:30AM on, please don't send children to school early. Students may enter through door I. School starts at 7:45 am.
Showing up for school has a huge impact on a child's academic success. Families play a key role in making sure students get to school safely every day and understanding why attendance is so important for success in school and in life.
- Children chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade are much less likely to read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade.
- By 6th grade, chroinic absence is a proven early warning sign for students at risk for dropping out of school.
- By 9th Grade good attendance can predict graduation ates even better than 8th grade test scores.
Please send a note, call or e-mail if your child will be absent from school.
- Illness of immediate family member making child unable to get to school
- Medical or Dental appointments
- Death in family
- Religious/Spiritual days kept sacred to family when services are observed during school hours.
- Family vacations
All absences that are not outlined above.
Habitual tardiness is unexcused
Letters are sent home when a student has 3 or more unexcused absences.
Habitual absences may be reported to Social Services for educational neglect.