Attendance & Schedule
7:15 a.m. Bell: Breakfast starts in the cafeteria
7:40 a.m. Bell; Breakfast completed in the cafeteria
7:45 a.m. Bell: School Starts
Note: 2:00 p.m. Zey Zone picks up students in the program.
2:05 p.m. Bell: Grades K, 1, and 2 Dismissed
2:10 p.m. Bell: Grades 3, 4, and 5 Dismissed
Everyone has a role in helping to achieve this goal:
- Take attendance every day.
- Talk with students and/or parents when a student frequently misses your class. It is your business!
- Make students and their families feel welcome in your classroom and at school.
- Hold high expectations for all students. Focus on strengths and challenge all students to reach their full potential.
- Arrive at school—and all of your classes—on time every day!
- Remind a parent or guardian to notify the school office when you are absent.
- Take responsibility for your own behavior—go to bed on time, get yourself ready and be prepared for your classes.
- School is your job, treat it like one!
- Get your child to school on time every day and have a back-up plan.
- Plan vacations around scheduled school breaks and schedule appointments before or after school, during lunch or free periods.
- Report all absences to the school.
- Learn the difference between excused and unexcused absences.
- Don’t allow your child to stay home unnecessarily.
- Give your child enough time to get ready in the morning. Prepare lunches, complete homework assignments and set clothing out the night before.
- Remind your child the importance of school and how their education matters.
- Be involved in the school and your child’s education. Don’t hesitate to contact the school for any reason.
- Ask students how they are doing in school and let them know you support them.
- If you see kids during school hours, ask why they aren’t in school.
- Call the school about concerns of students loitering during the school day.
- Remind students that school is important and their success matters to you and the community.