Welcome to the Myers-Wilkins Media Center!
FIND A BOOK
Search the library catalog to find a book you are looking for, or stop by the media center. I am happy to help you find a book, encyclopedia article, website etc.
BOOK CHECKOUT DAYS
For consistency -- to make it easier for students to remember to return books -- students will be checking out books on DAYS 3 and 4. If you would like to visit the library to check out books outside of your normal media center time, contact me and we will see if we can find a time.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU NEED
I plan to use money from the district to update our nonfiction collection to better support curriculum goals. In addition, I will create a wish list to guide future purchases.
- Would you like more books about animals for 1st graders to read when researching animals?
- Would you like 30 folktales for your 3rd grade students to read for their folktale unit?
- Would you like 30 picture book biographies for 5th grade students to use to learn about famous figures?
...Let me know!
Mission: The mission of the Myers-Wilkins Media Center is
1) to motivate students to read for fun,
2) to teach students research skills, and
3) to teach students technology skills.
The library collection is designed both to motivate students to read for fun and to support the curriculum.