Hours & Attendance
School Hours 7:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Students may enter the building and proceed to their classrooms at 7:30 AM. The vestibule doors will remain locked until the bell rings.
- Students can arrive at 7:15 AM to play on the playground until the bell rings at 7:30 AM. The playground will be supervised for this extra recess period.
- If a student is participating in the breakfast program, they may go directly to the school cafeteria beginning at 7:20 AM, where they are expected to remain until 7:30 AM.
- Students entering from the parent drop off location can go either to the playground or to breakfast.
- Students who arrive late for any reason (except a late bus or crossing guard duty) must sign in with an adult in the office and obtain an admission slip before going to class.
STUDENT DROP OFF (MORNING): Please drop off students using the drop off lane in the back parking lot, close to the curb, allowing students to enter Lowell School between the hours of 7:30 and 7:45. Our AmeriCorps tutor will make sure that your child gets safely into the building. If you want to park and walk your child into the building, we ask that you park in the parking areas and use the crosswalk. If you are arriving prior to our 7:30 start time, please make sure to walk your student in to the cafeteria
LOWELL BREAKFAST PROGRAM: The program is free to all Lowell students. It starts at 7:20 am. All students are expected to stay in the cafeteria until dismissed to class. For more information about the breakfast program Click Here.
- To avoid the end-of-the-day rush, students in all grades are escorted out of the building by their teachers to either the parent pickup spot or to the buses.
- Students riding the bus will be walked to their bus area by the classroom teacher in the front parking lot area. Students will load the bus, sit down, and use quiet voices while riding the bus. Walkers will walk out with parent pickup group and escorted across the street by crossing guards.
- All students must leave the building by 2:30 pm. If a student is still in the parent pickup area after 2:30, he/she will be escorted to the school office where his/her parent will be notified. The student will wait in the office until the parent picks him/her up.
- For children who need after school supervision, we have two options: Key Zone and Adventure Club
- For excused absences during the day, such as for doctor or dental appointments, students are expected to bring a written note stating the times they are to be excused. A parent must pick up and sign out children in the school office.
- Also, if a child is returning to school from an appointment, he or she must sign in at the school office with an adult and obtain an admission slip before returning to class.
Notify us if Your Student's After-school Pick up Changes
- To ensure that changes to regular pick-up arrangements are honored, parents must notify the school IN WRITING. Your student should bring a note to school notifying Lowell School of the change in your child's after school pick up plans. Please have your student give it to their teacher no later than the morning of the change.
Call the 24-hour Attendance Line:
call: 218-336-8895 or email: email@example.com
Provide this information:
- Student's name, grade, teacher
- Date and reason for the absence
- Your name and relationship to the student
Please report the absence before 9 a.m.