Hours & Attendance
School Hours 7:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Students will not be allowed into the building until 7:30 AM. The vestibule doors will remain locked until the bell rings.
- All students will be offered a free, bagged breakfast.
- Students who arrive late for any reason (except a late bus or crossing guard duty) must sign in with an adult in the office and obtain an admission slip before going to class.
STUDENT DROP OFF (MORNING): Please drop off students by the front entrance, allowing students to enter Lowell School between the hours of 7:30 and 7:45. If you want to park and walk your child to the door, we ask that you park in the parking area and drop your child off at the door. Parents are not allowed into the building.
LOWELL BREAKFAST PROGRAM: The program is free to all Lowell students. For more information about the breakfast program, families are welcome to call the school.
- To avoid the end-of-the-day rush, students in all grades are directed by their teachers to the appropriate dismissal area - parent pickup , Key Zone or bus.
- Students riding the bus will be walked to their bus area by the classroom teacher in the part parking lot area. Students will load the bus, sit down, and use quiet voices while riding the bus. Walkers will walk be helped by crossing guards.
- All students must leave the building by 2:30 pm. If a student is still in the parent pickup area after 2:30, he/she will be escorted to the school office where his/her parent will be notified. The student will wait by office until the parent picks him/her up.
- For children who need after school supervision, please contact: Key Zone.
- For excused absences during the day, such as for doctor or dental appointments, students are expected to bring a written note stating the times they are to be excused. A parent must pick up and sign out children in the school office.
- Also, if a child is returning to school from an appointment, he or she must sign in at the school office with an adult and obtain an admission slip before returning to class.
Notify us if Your Student's After-school Pick up Changes
- To ensure that changes to regular pick-up arrangements are honored, parents must notify the school IN WRITING. Your student should bring a note to school notifying Lowell School of the change in your child's after school pick up plans. Please have your student give it to their teacher no later than the morning of the change.
Call the 24-hour Attendance Line:
call: 218-336-8895 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide this information:
- Student's name, grade, teacher
- Date and reason for the absence
- Your name and relationship to the student
Please report the absence before 9 a.m.