Lakewood Students and Families
School Hours: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Student Drop-off & Pick-up Hours: 7:15 AM & 2:15 PM
Need more information on registering your child for school?
Besides the registration forms, the following documents are required:
- Copy of Birth certificate, Hospital certificate, Passport, Physician/Midwife certificate (we can make a copy for you).
- Legal Proof of Residency (1 of the following): Property tax statement, signed lease, purchase agreement, open enrollment form.
ISD 709 Elementary Schools Provide:
- Free all day, every day Kindergarten
- 90 minutes reading, plus 30 minutes writing each day: Series is Reading Wonders as well as Math Wonders
- Science and Social Studies instruction daily
- Art, Music, Physical Education and Media
- Advanced academic opportunities and comprehensive interventions to boost reading and math skills
- Guidance and support to help students learn safety, responsibility, respect and kindness
- Parent and community partnerships to support
- education and the School Forest
- K.E.Y. Zone after-school program until 6 pm
Lakewood is a Community Elementary School Providing 21st Century Classrooms and Facilities located at: 5207 North Tischer Rd, Duluth 55804
Free Breakfast everyday for all Students.
Child Nutrition Website
NEW: Apply Online to Receive Free/ Reduced Priced Meals
- If you checked “yes” for fever AND one of the other symptoms, keep your child home for at least 24 hours after his or her fever is gone without fever-reducing medicine. For many children this will be 5 to 7 days. Your child should feel well enough to participate in school before returning. If you have questions about your child’s health or symptoms, call your child’s doctor or clinic.
- When you report your child’s absence please indicate if your child has a fever of 100 degrees or more, including a cough and/or sore throat.