We focus on building social emotional skills, language and literacy, health and nutrition, physical and development for all children.
Preschool programs are located in 7 elementary schools across the city, providing high quality early childhood classroom experiences.
Parent Aware Rated - Four Stars of Excellence: We're one of the first preschool programs in the state to earn a four-star Parent Aware rating - the highest possible! This system helps families find programs focused on high quality early learning and kindergarten readiness.
If you would like to apply for your child to attend preschool this year, please call our office at 218-336-8815
Licensed early childhood teachers provide instruction from the following resources:
- OWL- Opening the World of Learning
- Second Step: social and emotional learning
- SEEDS of Early Learning: rhyming, alliteration, letter names and letter sounds recognition
In addition to the structured activities, children have plenty of time for free play. Research shows that play is important to healthy brain development. Preschool classroom activities are aligned with Duluth Public Schools kindergarten to grade twelve goals.
Duluth Preschool Provides:
- High quality early childhood experiences with licensed teachers
- Parent education, support, and parent involvement
- Full -and half-day options
- A focus on health and nutrition
- Services for children with disabilities
- Assistance accessing community resources
Duluth Public Schools preschool classrooms are a collaboration of School Readiness, Head Start, Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten, Early Learning Scholarships and Early Childhood Special Education.