Early Childhood Family Education
ECFE Classes begin the week of September 13th. Register today!
ECFE stands for Early Childhood Family Education. The ECFE programs of the Duluth Public Schools offer a variety of classes at both elementary sites and sites across the community. Most classes meet once a week for an hour and a half.
What happens in ECFE?
- All ECFE programs include parent education, early childhood education, and parent-child interaction.
- Parent education time - Guided by a licensed parent educator. Conversations are focused on research-based curriculum and relate to child and parent development and are tailored to meet parent and family needs.
- Parent-child time - Time in the children’s classroom for parents and children to play and learn together in a safe and educational environment.
- Early childhood classroom time - Children will have time to play with their peers and enjoy activities planned by a licensed early childhood teacher.
- Sibling care - Sibling care is offered, for your convenience, to siblings of class participants. You must register your children for sibling care.
- Parent Advisory Council - Parents are given the opportunity to be part of site and citywide advisory council to offer their input around programming.
- Family Events - Offered throughout the year at various locations.
- Home Visits - Offered to families who are not able to attend a class or have a need to address individual child, parent, or family needs.
Do you need assistance in connecting with resources in our community? We can help!
NEW this year! Family, Friend & Neighbor Caregivers Play & Learn Events