School is in session!
There are three important forms we are asking families to complete as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for providing this information!
1. 2021-22 Blended Learning 1 to 1 Agreement: Required for All Families Grades K-12. More about Blended Learning.
2. MN Department of Education Digital Survey: For the purpose of improving educational outcomes and digital access for public school students across the state.
3. Application for Educational Benefits Form: Families may qualify for reduced school activity fees, benefits and other discounts - and help provide important state and federal funds for Duluth's schools.
Sign Up for a FREE PORT CARD - Great Student Resource! Easy to Use. Impossible to Lose.
- Borrow up to 5 books or materials for FREE from the Duluth Public Library.
- Borrow up to 10 ebooks or audiobooks for FREE from the Duluth Public Library.
- Access Duluth Public Library online databases for research.
- No physical library card required. Students check out books & materials with their Student ID number.
- No financial risk.
Back to School Newsletter: Helpful information for the 2021-22 school year. School-specific information was mailed to families in late August.
New - Blended Learning Initiative: Blended learning is an educational classroom tool. It enhances in-person learning by providing each student access to digital and online resources.
Safe Learning Plan: Provides current COVID safety guidance for staff, programs, and outside organizations using ISD 709 sites during the 2021-22 School year.The document is updated to reflect current plans as we prepare to welcome students back in September. Subject to change based on future state, federal and local guidance.
Minnesota's Immunization Law: Be sure you've submitted documentation of your child's vaccinations or legal exemption to your school.
2021-22 District Testing Schedule: Dates for MCA,MTAS, ACT and other tests and assessments.
Weather-Related School Closings & Two Hour Late Start: All families, especially those with elementary age students, should have a contingency plan for their children in the event of weather-related school closings or a Two Hour Late Start.
- MN K-12 Tax Benefits for Families: From the MN Dept of Revenue, if you're buying school supplies for your children in kindergarten through 12th grade, you may qualify for tax benefits. Visit www.revenue.state.mn.us and enter K12 into the Search box or call 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094.