Clubs & Organizations
How to start a new club:
1) Stop in the Activities Department to receive permission to start a club
2) Find a faculty advisors (unless the club/activity has gone through the independent provider agreement process – application is on the East Activities web site)
3) Set up a meeting with the Faculty Advisor and the Activities Director
4) Set up meeting dates and spaces via a building permit that can be found outside the Activities Office
5) All events/meetings/etc must have the staff advisor present to supervise during the activity.
6) Outside Groups must have an independent provider agreement in place to be listed as an East “Club”
Please Note - the trophy cases in the Atrium are not for use for hanging posters, only during Red and Gray week and Homecoming is this allowed. The trophy cases were installed to show off our success as a school, please keep the clear! Also, please take down posters and flyers after your date of use!
- Tickets sales for formal and semi-formal dances should use number tickets so cash can be reconciled at the end of each date sold.
- All fundraisers, ticket sales, or charities involving money transactions: 1) Advisers should arrange for cash boxes with the school treasurer 2) adviser oversees the sale 3) Adviser counts the money with their individual club treasurer 4) the money is turned into the Activities Office.
- Students should not be handling money with no oversight or system for reconciliation.
- The school treasurer should receive requests at least 2 days prior to the event via the club advisor.
- All Club activities must be supervised on and off campus
Activities Director, Duluth East High School
301 North 40th Ave East
Duluth, MN 55804
Phone 218-336-8845 x2151
Home of the Greyhounds