Duluth School Board
SUBJECT TO CHANGE:
Starting in October 2021 we will be transitioning out of Historic Old Central High into our temporary location at the UnitedHealth Group Building (UHG) at 4316 Rice Lake Rd, Duluth, MN 55811. Our Regular School Board meetings will be held at Denfeld in the Media Center. We are still in the process of determining where our Committee meetings will be held. We will not have the capability to live stream meetings during our transition (until we are in our permanent site), however they will be recorded and posted to YouTube within 24 hours. All meetings are still open to the public. Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Please call 218-336-8752 or email Patty Paquette if you have questions.
Community Vision and Priorities
We will build on our shared beliefs and values of unity, high achievement and responsible use of resources to create Duluth Public Schools and classrooms that are safe, supportive and inclusive. We will work to inspire every student to achieve their potential, and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives as citizens of Duluth and the wider world.
In implementing our vision and addressing our priorities, we will work to ensure:
- Teachers and staff are highly qualified and diverse, providing opportunities for students of every culture and ability to be successful.
- Schools are safe, respectful, caring environments for children and adults.
- We are closing the achievement gap by using best practices and by partnering with community, state and national organizations to bring the best possible education to our children.
- Class sizes are suitable and appropriate to students’ development and needs.
- A wide range of enriching activities and curriculum are provided for students before, during and after school.
- Our schools serve as community resources for residents of all ages.
- Strategies are sought to reduce costs and increase funding; people inside and outside schools are regularly invited to share ideas and creative options.
- People inside and outside schools feel comfortable asking questions and sharing concerns and feel satisfied that they are heard.