Duluth School Board
Due to a recent change involving YouTube’s G Suite for Education the Duluth Public Schools YouTube Channel is temporarily suspended. We are working with YouTube to address the change and to resume live school board meeting feeds in August.
Please call 218-336-8752 or email Melinda Thibault if you have questions.
Community Vision and Priorities
We will build on our shared beliefs and values of unity, high achievement and responsible use of resources to create Duluth Public Schools and classrooms that are safe, supportive and inclusive. We will work to inspire every student to achieve their potential, and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives as citizens of Duluth and the wider world.
In implementing our vision and addressing our priorities, we will work to ensure:
- Teachers and staff are highly qualified and diverse, providing opportunities for students of every culture and ability to be successful.
- Schools are safe, respectful, caring environments for children and adults.
- We are closing the achievement gap by using best practices and by partnering with community, state and national organizations to bring the best possible education to our children.
- Class sizes are suitable and appropriate to students’ development and needs.
- A wide range of enriching activities and curriculum are provided for students before, during and after school.
- Our schools serve as community resources for residents of all ages.
- Strategies are sought to reduce costs and increase funding; people inside and outside schools are regularly invited to share ideas and creative options.
- People inside and outside schools feel comfortable asking questions and sharing concerns and feel satisfied that they are heard.