Duluth School Board Seeks Appointment for Vacant At Large Seat
At the close of the application period, the Board received 21 applications. A list of those applying and their completed applications are available below:
Note, candidates that choose to withdraw their applications will be noted on the list.
“It’s inspiring to see so many individuals stepping forward, willing to serve Duluth's children and Duluth Public Schools,” said Board Chairperson Rosie Loeffler-Kemp. “We’re happy to see people willing to commit their time and talents to serving on the Board and supporting public education.”
Board meetings are streamed online and broadcast on cable channel 187.
- School Board Monthly Meeting Schedule
- MSBA What qualities make a good School Board Member
- Duluth School District Boundary Map
- ISD 709 School Year Calendar
- Duluth School Board Web Page
- Board Book - School Meeting Agendas and Materials
The Board of Independent School District 709, Duluth, MN, is seeking qualified applicants for a vacant At Large board seat.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or more on November 2, 2019.
- They must be a resident within Duluth Public School boundaries for at least 30 days prior to November 2, 2019.
Applications and details are available:
- Online at www.ISD709.org (see link below).
- Superintendent’s Office, Historic Old Central HS, 215 N. 1st Avenue East, Duluth MN 55802 Room 213
- Any ISD 709 School Office
Deadline for applications: 4:00PM Monday, September 23, 2019
Questions: Melinda Thibault, School Board Secretary, 218-336-8752
The application must be filled out completely and notarized. Notary services are available if you bring the application to the Superintendent's Office or you can bring it to any qualified notary you choose. All three candidate questions must be answered to consider your application complete.
Return the completed application by 4:00 PM, Monday, September 23, 2019.
Superintendent's Office, Historic Old Central High School, Room 213, 215 North First Avenue East
Email to: email@example.com
Please do not submit resumes
- There will be an interview as part of the process which will be held the evening of September 30, 2019 beginning at 6:00 PM.
- You will be notified of the instructions for the interview.
- The Term of the position is from November 1, 2019 to January 4, 2021.
- This is an appointed position, your name will not be on the November 2019 ballot.