Open Enrollment is your ONLY opportunity to make changes to your benefit selections, unless you encounter a life changing/qualifying event. If you experience a life changing/qualifying event, you have 30 days to make a change.
As a reminder, this Open Enrollment period does NOT include health insurance. A separate Open Enrollment period will be held in May 2020 for health insurance changes to be effective July 1, 2020.
IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY CHANGES & DO NOT WANT TO ENROLL IN AN FSA FOR 2020, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING.
Open Enrollment for 2020 will be conducted and submitted electronically for the following benefits:
- Benny Card for Plan Year 2020 (New participants only)
- Dental Insurance (Change coverage, including add/drop)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Plan Year 2020 (Must re-enroll if you want to Flex in 2020)
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance (Change your LTD tax preference)
BENNY CARD: The Benny Card is an optional ANNUAL election.
- NEW THIS YEAR – You DO NOT need to complete a Benny Card enrollment form for your card to remain active in 2020
- If you are a new participant electing to use the Benny Card, you can do so during this open enrollment process
- New cards will not be mailed out, unless your current card has a 2020 expiration date listed on the card, so please keep your current card
- The district does not have access to your HRA account balances, please contact EBC directly or go to the EBC website to log in to obtain balances
- As a reminder, since the Benny card is an optional benefit, a $20.00 fee will be deducted directly from your HRA account for the Plan Year 2020
DELTA DENTAL INSURANCE: There is a rate change for family coverage and single premier coverage for 2020. Please refer to the “Rate Sheet Final 2019- 2020” link to review the dental rates. If you would like to make a change to your dental plan, you must complete the electronic change form by clicking on the link entitled “Delta Dental Change Form”.
FLEX SPENDING ACCOUNT (FSA): The Flexible Spending Account is an optional ANNUAL election.
- If you wish to enroll in the FSA for Plan Year 2020, you MUST complete an electronic enrollment form by clicking on the link entitled “Flex Spending Election Form”.
- Even if you currently have the flex plan, your contributions will STOP unless a new form is electronically completed and submitted by the deadline. There will be no exceptions.
LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD) INSURANCE: If you would like to change the tax preference on your LTD premium, please complete the electronic “Long-Term Disability Insurance Form” link.
- Please do not call or email asking what you currently have as your tax preference. You can complete a new form and that form will supersede any previous forms.
Open Enrollment for 2020 requiring hard copy form submission:
- Life Insurance (Increase supplemental coverage, add dependent coverage)
- Life Insurance (Change beneficiary)
LIFE INSURANCE: The District is pleased to announce that there will not be a rate increase for 2020. Please refer to the “Rate Sheet Final 2019-2020” link to review life insurance rates.
- If you would like to increase the supplemental portion of your life insurance coverage or add dependent coverage, please download, print and complete the “Evidence of Insurability Form” located under the “Miscellaneous Forms” link.
- Now is also a great time to update your beneficiary information. If you would like to update your beneficiary information, please download, print and complete the “Change of Beneficiary Form (MNL)” located under the “Miscellaneous Forms” link.
- Please do not call or email asking who you currently have on file. You can complete a new form and that form will supersede any previous beneficiary information.
- Delta Dental – (800) 862-6042