To be considered for contract paraprofessional positions, you must meet the Federal requirements for No Child Left Behind:
- A minimum of an associates degree or at least 60 semester credits (90 quarter credits) from an accredited college and demonstrate competency to assist in reading, writing and math
- A passing score on the ParaPro Assessment (Minnesota set the passing score at 460 or above).
ISD709 Duluth Public Schools is now offering the ParaPro Assessment Test through the Adult Basic Education Department (ABE). Contact ABE at 218-336-8790 for testing information and to register.
ParaPro Assessment Testing
Testing time will begin at 12:30 p.m. for all dates.
- Scheduled test dates:
September 24, 2020
October 8 and 22, 2020
November 5 and 19, 2020
December 3 and 17, 2020
- Testing space is limited, please register early.
- To register for the ParaPro Assessment Test, please call 218-336-8790
- The timed computer test is 90 questions and takes about 2.5 hours
- Cost is $75 (only checks or money orders - no cash, no debit or no credit cards).
- ISD709 is located at 215 N 1st Ave East, Duluth, MN 55802
- Please enter the building via the 3rd Street entrance and sign in at the office.
ISD709 will refund $20 of the test fee to eligible ISD709 testers. Refund eligibility requirements:
- Test is taken and passed at the ISD709 location
- Tester is hired into an ISD709 paraprofessional position (excluding substitute positions) within 2 months of passing the ParaPro Assessment test.
- Tester works as an ISD709 paraprofessional (excluding substitute positions) for 6 continuous months from date of initial hire after passing the test.
- Refund will be processed as a reimbursement on the employee's paycheck after meeting all requirements.
Preparing for the ParaPro Assessment Test: The "How to Prepare for the ETS ParaPro Assessment" is a helpful review and practice guide. Additional test preparation companions and booklets can be found at the ETS Download Library. Study guides are available at the Duluth Public Library, at ETS website, and on the internet.
Additional information can be found on the ETS ParaPro website.