The Relicensure Committee is a volunteer committee that:
- examines the educational experience documentation of teachers
- verifies that the experiences are germane to the licensure area
- determines that the teacher is eligible for license renewal
- enters informational data into the MDE Licensing system
- and upholds the Board of Teaching Laws.
The committee serves as an informational agent on licensure for the professional staff.
- The deadline for submitting Relicensure paperwork is May 1, 2020.
- Paperwork received after May 19 will be processed in September 2020.
Please consult the information posted on this page for answers to your questions.
Other questions from certified staff regarding the Relicensure process should be directed to Patti Wipson (Patricia.Wipson@isd709.org) or Leigh Ann Viche (email@example.com).
Please do not call. Include your file folder number on all correspondence.
- Be sure all components and 125 clock hours and components are recorded at the MN Department of Education BEFORE you apply for renewal.
- Click the Component link on left for new MDE requirements.
- Please submit your professional experiences and forms yearly.
- Please expect a turn around time for submitted paperwork to be approximately 2 to 4 months.
- Due to the large volume of ISD 709 employees needing renewal, persons not currently employed by a Minnesota public school district must submit all paperwork before January 1 of the year their license expires.
- Employess of other Minnesota school districts should submit their paperwork to the relicensure committee of their district.
- The Duluth committee does not process paperwork from employees of other Minnesota districts.
2019-2020 Meeting Dates
March 10 (open Meeting 3:00-4:30)
- Cultural Competency Training Options
Duluth Relicensure Committee
***If you are having difficulty accessing forms, please login with the Chrome Browser.
License Lookup/Date of Action
PELSB User Login
MN Rule 8710
Surrender a License
News and Views Offerings