The Relicensure Committee is a volunteer committee that:
- examines the educational experience documentation of teachers
- verifies that the experiences are germane to the licensure area
- determines that the teacher is eligible for license renewal
- enters informational data into the MDE Licensing system
- and upholds the Board of Teaching Laws.
The committee serves as an informational agent on licensure for the professional staff.
***If you are having difficulty accessing forms, please login with the Chrome Browser.
***If you cannot get this on your desk top and/or it will not work, please submit a Help Desk ticket (ISD 709 ).
Submit paperwork to: UHG - Human Resources - Relicensure
- 4316 Rice Lake Rd, Duluth, MN 55811
- Paperwork received after May 17, 2023 will be processed in September 2023.
- * Beginning school year 2021 if it is your year to renew your paperwork is due January 1st.
Please consult the information posted on this page for answers to your questions.
Other questions from certified staff regarding the Relicensure process should be directed to Leigh Ann Viche (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please do not call. Include your file folder number on all correspondence.
- Be sure all components and 125 clock hours for Tier 4 or 75 hours for Tier 3 and components are recorded at the MN Professional Educators Licensing and Standards Board BEFORE you apply for renewal.
- Click the Component link for new PELSB requirements.
- If you are requesting a component that was not granted on the CEU you must include a written description of the experience and how it met the component
- Please submit your professional experiences and forms yearly.
- Please expect a turn around time for submitted paperwork to be approximately 2 to 4 months.
- Due to the large volume of ISD 709 employees needing renewal, persons not currently employed by a Minnesota public school district must submit all paperwork before January 1 of the year their license expires.
- Employees of other Minnesota school districts should submit their paperwork to the relicensure committee of their district.
- The Duluth committee does not process paperwork from employees of other Minnesota districts.
2022-2023 Meeting Dates
September 21, 2022
October 19, 2021
November 16, 2022
December 14, 2022
January 11, 2023
February 8, 2023
March 8, 2023
March 29, 2023 (open Meeting 3:00 - 4:00)
April 19, 2023
May 17, 2023
- Cultural Competency Training Options