The Relicensure Committee is a volunteer committee that:
- examines the educational experience documentation of teachers
- verifies that the experiences are germane to the licensure area
- determines that the teacher is eligible for license renewal
- enters informational data into the MDE Licensing system
- and upholds the Board of Teaching Laws.
The committee serves as an informational agent on licensure for the professional staff.
- Paperwork received after May 18 will be processed in September 2021.
- * Beinning school year 2021 if it is your year to renew your paperwork is due February 15th.
Please consult the information posted on this page for answers to your questions.
Other questions from certified staff regarding the Relicensure process should be directed to Patti Wipson (Patricia.Wipson@isd709.org) or Leigh Ann Viche (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please do not call. Include your file folder number on all correspondence.
- Be sure all components and 125 clock hours and components are recorded at the MN Professional Educators Licensing and Standards Board BEFORE you apply for renewal.
- Click the Component link for new PELSB requirements.
- If you are requesting a component that was not granted on the CEU you must include a written description of the experience and how it met the component
- Please submit your professional experiences and forms yearly.
- Please expect a turn around time for submitted paperwork to be approximately 2 to 4 months.
- Due to the large volume of ISD 709 employees needing renewal, persons not currently employed by a Minnesota public school district must submit all paperwork before January 1 of the year their license expires.
- Employess of other Minnesota school districts should submit their paperwork to the relicensure committee of their district.
- The Duluth committee does not process paperwork from employees of other Minnesota districts.
2021-2022 Meeting Dates
September 29, 2021
October 20, 2021
November 17, 2021
December 15, 2021
January 12, 2022
February 16, 2022
March 9, 2022 (open Meeting 3:00-5:00)
March 30, 2022
April 27, 2022
May 18, 2022
- Cultural Competency Training Options
Duluth Relicensure Committee
***If you are having difficulty accessing forms, please login with the Chrome Browser.
License Lookup/Date of Action
PELSB User Login
MN Rule 8710
Surrender a License
News and Views Offerings