DUE TO COVID-19; THE GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT WILL BE POSTING ANY NEW SCHOLARSHIPS TO THIS PAGE WITH LINKS TO THE APPLICATIONS. WHEN STUDENTS COMPLETE THE APPLICATIONS, PLEASE SEND THEM DIRECTLY TO THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEES OR TO JESSICA ANDERSON (firstname.lastname@example.org) IF THE SCHOLARSHIP TELLS YOU TO TURN IT INTO THE DENFELD GUIDANCE OFFICE. IF A TRANSCRIPT OR RECOMMENDATION IS NEEDED, EMAIL YOUR COUNSELOR AND WE WILL SEND IT ELECTRONICALLY TO THE COMMITTEE. ALSO EMAIL YOUR COUNSELOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS. GOOD LUCK!
Free Laptop Computer!! The Pfizer Corporation, with the assistance of Thomas Meador, a former executive with Pfizer and a Duluth resident, have donated 10 used Lenovo ThinkPad laptops to be awarded to Denfeld High School Seniors. The laptops were used by Pfizer executives and have been completely refurbished. After a committee reviews the applications, 10 deserving students will be awarded the laptops. Due: March 15, 2021. Click Here for Application
- Bridging the Dream Scholarship - The Sallie Mae Fun scholarship program seeks to promote diversity in higher education among minority students and other historically underserved communities. High school seniors who are facing financial challenges may apply to win a $10,000 scholarship to help them attend college or a vocational-technical school. Due: March 8, 2021. Click Here for More Information & To Apply
- Harbor Pointe Credit Union - Four $1,500 scholarships awarded to graduating high school seniors who will be moving on to an accredited college, university or vocational school. Due: February 15, 2021. Click Here to Apply
- Robert "Apa" Berquist Scholarship - One scholarship of $500 awarded to Denfeld students pursuing an education in fields of study which could contribute to community service and/or the growth of our area. The fields of study could include, but are not limited to: art, architecture, city planning, community service, motorcycle mechanics and urban development. Due: March 15, 2021 - Click Here to Apply
Clayton Jackson McGhie Memorial Scholarship - Awards an annual $1500 scholarship to a graduating senior in the Duluth/Superior area (Douglas, Carlton or southern St. Louis counties) who will attend an accredited, non-profit technical school, community college or four- year university (public or private) in the fall following their senior year . Students of color are especially encouraged to apply. Due: February 21, 2020. Click Here to Apply
Jack Moon Scholarship - To apply, students must be planning to attend an accredited vocational or trade school in Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Michigan. They must major in a qualified vocational or trade program leading to a certificate or diploma. Applicants enrolled in a program leading to a degree are not eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship awards are based on academic ability and financial need. These scholarships are for one year only; however, current recipients may reapply and be considered for additional funding along with other new applicants. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time. Due: March 15, 2021. Click Here to Apply
- 8th District MN State Horticultural Society Scholarship - A minimum of four scholarships ranging from $250 - $600 will be awarded to students who reside or attend school in the Minnesota State Horticultural Society 8th District. Applicants must provide evidence of an interest and participation in horticultural/gardening activities. Due: March 15, 2021 Click Here to Apply
SFM Foundation Scholarships - SFM Foundation scholarships may be used toward the costs of attending a two-year or four-year university, college or vocational school. To qualify, students must have a parent who was disabled or fatally injured while working for Minnesota or Iowa employers. Scholarships are awarded up to a maximum of $10,000 a year, and are renewable for two years for a 2-year program, and up to 5 years for a bachelor’s degree. Due: March 31, 2021 Click Here for Details & Application
Beauty & Wellness Professionals Scholarship - The BeautySchoolsDirectory.com team is proud to offer a $2,500 scholarship for students and professionals changing others’ lives through wellness and beauty. If you’re ready to begin a fulfilling and rewarding career in the beauty and wellness industry, or if you are continuing your education to pursue your next career goal, submit the application for a chance to win a $2,500 scholarship toward your tuition and education expenses. Due: March 1, 2021. Click Here for Application For Additional Scholarships in the this field: Click on this Link!
MnACC Student of Color Scholarship - Minnesota Association of Counselors of Color (MnACC) Scholarship awards a one-time scholarship of up to $2,500 to students of color who will enroll in a MnACC member institution during the 2021-2022 academic year. Due March 8, 2021. Click Here for Details & Application
Minnesota Golf Association Foundation Women's Scholarship - Each $3,000 scholarship is made available to high school senior girls who intend to begin college in fall, 2021. Awards are renewable and based on academic performance, financial need and quality of character as demonstrated by civic and academic activities. Due March 31, 2021. Click Here for Details & Application
The USDA Scholars Programs - Offers scholarships for students seeking a bachelor’s degree at an eligible 1890 and 1994 Land-Grant Universities in the field of agriculture, food, natural resource sciences or other related. The USDA/1890 National Scholars Program seeks to increase the number of minorities studying agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, and related disciplines. High school and current college students are eligible to apply for these programs which provide full tuition, fees, books, room and board, and a summer internship which may convert to full-time employment with USDA after graduation. Due: January 31, 2021. 1890 Application for High School Students or USDA 1994 Tribal Scholars Program Application
TheDream.US National Scholarship - This renewable scholarship is for students who are undocumented or have DACA or TPS status. Awards are based on significant unmet financial need and demonstrated commitment to community service. This scholarship awards up to a maximum of $16,500 (for associate degree seekers) and $33,000 (for a bachelor's degree) at 70+ partner colleges, if financial needs remain unmet. Due February 25, 2021. Click Here for Details & Application
- University of Minnesota (all campuses) - Northland Community & Technical College - Lake Superior College - All have scholarships on their websites for students planning to attend their schools in the fall. These scholarships are for a variety of majors, incomes, etc. Make sure you check their websites so you don't miss out on any opportunity!
- Glen Avon Peterson & Daniel H. & Catherine L. Mundt Scholarships - These scholarships are for students who have overcome obstacles in their high school career and are just beginning to realize their potential. In addition to the application, students will be chosen to be interviewed. Several scholarships of various amounts will be awarded. Completed applications must be turned into the Denfeld Guidance Office. Due: February 1, 2021. Click Here for Application
Russell Ege Memorial Scholarship - North Shore Federal Credit Union awards scholarships to deserving Youth Advantage members graduating from high school with plans to pursue a post-secondary education. Recipients must demonstrate a high level of volunteerism, service and involvement in activities and organizations within their community. $500 Scholarships with one from a Duluth Area High School. Due: April 1, 2021 Click Here to Apply
- Eleventh District Bar Association Scholarship - They will be awarding two nonrenewable $2,000 scholarships.This Scholarship will be given to a graduating senior who plans on attending post-secondary education, including a community or four-year college or university and shows an interest in the field of law, the justice system, or a related area. (The Scholarship is not limited to only those students who plan on a career as an attorney). Applicants must be residents of Carlton, Lake, Cook, or South St. Louis Counties. The basis for awarding this Scholarship will be as follows: Academic Scholarship, Leadership, Need and Good Character. A minimum grade point average is not required. Due: March 1, 2021 Click Here For the Application
- Duluth Builders Exchange Legacy Scholarship - Scholarships for two and four year degrees related to the construction fiels as well as awards of up to $500 for materials needed to pursue a construction related career. High school seniors who attend (or those who attended and graduated from) a high school within the service area of the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation and who plan to pursue a career in the construction industry may apply. Due: January 15th, 2021 Click for Information & Application (Click on Apply Now on DSA Website)
- Native American Scholarship Database - These scholarships are available specifically for Native American high school students. Students should be encouraged to apply to ALL other sources of financial aid for which they are eligible. Due dates and applications vary. Click Here To Enter the Database
- PB & J Scholarship - For students who have experienced personal challenges that may have affected their grade point average ( a high gpa is not needed to qualify). Open to high school seniors who are planning to attend a two or four college in the United States. Awards are between $500 - $1,000. Due: May 31, 2021 Click to Apply
- Jackie Robison Foundation Scholarship - This foundation provides four-year scholarships of $30,000 and extensive support services, including career guidance and internship placement, to highly motivated African American students. Due: February 1, 2021 Click Here for More Information & to Apply
- Polymet Mining for Excellence - One $5,000 Scholarship with summer internship from PolyMet Mining to reward high achievers who will use their STEM educations to help build better tomorrows. Their goal is to help some of your highest achieving students get to the next level by providing financial assistance. Awarded to a high school senior who is planning to attend a two or four year degree program in the Science, Technology, Engineering,or Mathematics Field. Due: December 31, 2020 Click Here to Apply
- Mike Colalillo Scholarship of Honor - More than 50 million brave young men and women have served our country in uniform with honor. In an effort to always remember their courage and patriotism, the Brian LaViolette Scholarship Foundation honors them with the Scholarship of Honor. Our goal, and those who contribute to this Scholarship of Honor program, is to assist you as you follow your aspirations. This scholarship recognizes a graduating high school senior with plans to enlist in the military or pursue a career in public safety or community service. (fire safety, police science, teaching, nursing, EMT, ministry, and other noble causes.) The application is due by March 31st. Click on the Mike Colalillo Scholarship in the Drop Down Box on the application. Click Here To Apply
- National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators (NAFEPA) - The purpose of the scholarship program is to financially support post-secondary education for qualifying high school seniors attending their first year of college. There are four scholarships, each worth $2,500, and they are non-renewable. Two scholarships are for students pursuing degrees in Education. The other two scholarships may be awarded to applicants pursuing degrees in Education or any other field. Due December 14, 2020 To get the application, email Ms Saari @ email@example.com.
- American Indian College Fund - The American Indian College Fund provides scholarships to American Indian and Alaska Native college students seeking under- graduate and graduate degrees at tribal colleges, nonprofit, and accredited schools. Applications open January 1st and are due by May 31st. The site also has an array of excellent information on paying for college, career pathways, and links to numerous resources. Click Here To Access The Website
DON'T FORGET - MCIS HAS A SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH SECTION!!
Log in with the User Name: Duluthdenfeld Password: 2005
You may already have an account (from 9th grade): User Name = First Initial, Middle Initial, and Entire Last Name Password = Denfeld + Your Lunch Number (no spaces)
Under Education Tab (on Red Bar on Top of Page) - Click on Financial Aid Sort to answer questions and have them sorted for you or Click on Scholarships for a complete listing
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH WEBSITES TO CHECK OUT!
Going Merry - go to www.goingmerry.com for a one-stop shop for many national scholarships. Fill out your profile to see what you can qualify for, then complete the application process for many scholarships on one site.
Raise Me - visit www.raise.me for micro-scholarships. If the school to which you are applying is a partner with Raise Me, add your accomplishments prior to their deadline (varies per school), to see what you have already earned.
Best College Reviews - State of MN Scholarships - www.bestcollegereviews.org to see fifteen of the best Minnesota Scholarships.
Scholarship Help - https://www.mometrix.com/blog/scholarships-for-college is an excellent site offers free advice on how to compete successfully for scholarships, including tips for every step of the scholarship process.
Scholarships for Hispanic Students - http://www.scholarshipsforhispanics.org provides application guidelines, an alumni section, and database of scholarships.
Scholarships.com - www.scholarships.com is a free scholarship search; also information about loans, financial aid and scams
Fast Web - www.fastweb.com can be used for scholarship search, college search or job search; register and set up account; partner with finaid.org
Student Scholarships - https://studentscholarships.org/ has a large scholarship data base and includes unique majors and careers.
Scholarships From 2019-2020
Duluth Icebreakers Scholarship - Either one $1000 award or two $500 awards given to seniors who have been an Icebreaker and demonstrated a strong commitment, work ethic and desire to contribute to the Duluth Girls' Icebreaker hockey program. Applicants should be individuals who have supported, promoted and enhanced the opportunities for the sport of girls’ hockey to grow locally in Duluth, MN. Applicant must demonstrate commitment to academics, community involvement and athletics. - Due: May 15th - Click for Application
LGBTQIA/PFUND - Grants and scholarships for individuals ranging from $1,000 - $10,000 for commitment to leadership in LGBTQIA communities. In addition to educational scholarships, they also grant leadership awards to people invested in the LGBTQIA community seeking to develop their leadership skills, maintain their work as a community activist or organizer, or need financial assistance to attend conferences and workshops that will enhance their skills. - Due: April 30th - Click for Application
Trinity Chapter #242 Order of the Eastern Star - Two $1,000 Scholarships - Open to any high school senior with a 2.5 gpa or higher - Due: May 15th - Click for Application
Atticus Family Law, S. C. - Two $1000.00 scholarships to a student from the Twin Cities area and a student from the Duluth area - must seeking a college degree in the many fields that assist people in their family law transitions. College students and those who will be attending college in Fall 2020 are welcome to apply - Due: May 1st Click for Application Information
Essentia Health Phlebotomist Education to Employment Opportunity - $3,000 to attend the Phlebotomy Program at Lake Superior College - Due: April 23, 2020 Click for Application
Jean Hustad Scholarship Award Application - $500 to a senior female enrolled in an ISD 709 high school - Due: May 1st Click for Application
- Central Preservation Committee Scholarship - $500 to a Denfeld student - Due April 3rd Click for Application
- Reverend Arthur Foy III Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 to at least one student of color who is pursuing post-secondary education - Due: May 1, 2020 Click for Application
- Members Cooperative Credit Union - Eleven scholarships for high school seniors in varying amounts - Due: March 31 Click for Application
- Proctor Federal Credit Union - Due: April 30th Click for Application
- Music Boosters Scholarship - Two $500 scholarships for senior who are enrolled in a music program at Denfeld and who will attend a two or four year college in the fall - Due: April 30th Email Ms. Anderson for an entry number: Jessica.Anderson@isd709.org; Click Here For Details
- Euclid Masonic Lodge - Four $1000 scholarships based on several factors such as community involvement, academic history, financial need, etc. - Due: May 1st. Click for Application
- Ionic Lodge 186, AF & AM - Community scholarship based on academic achievement - Application Due Date has been extended to: June 1st Click for Application
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- All applications and help are available in the College and Career Center, room 3207.
- Some applications are also available online as noted.
- PLEASE ask for letters of recommendation weeks ahead of scholarship deadlines.