Below is a list of upcoming events in the next few weeks. Please use the links to read more about them and sign up to volunteer!
1. Monday, September 30th, Picture Day!, various shifts from 7:50a-1:55p
2. Wednesday, October 2nd: Walk to School Day, help walk with kids from Ordean to Congdon or hand out stickers and apples at the school.
3. Wednesday, October 2: Parents Helping Incredible Teachers (PHIT), 8-11am Helping teachers with little projects alongside other parents, every first and third Thursday throughout the year. Drop in anytime, kids welcome! No sign up needed.
4. Thursday, October 3rd: First official PTA meeting this school year! 6-8pm in the multipurpose room. All are welcome to attend.
5. Wednesday, October 9th - Tuesday, October 15th: Fall Scholastic Book Fair, help set up, work the registers, and/or tear down.
6. Thursday, October 10th: Great Lakes Apple Crunch, hand out apples to all the kids during lunch.
7. Thursday, October 10th & Tuesday, October 15th: Parent/Teacher Conferences (email for help to show teacher appreciation by bringing in drinks, desserts, etc. coming soon)
PHIT (Parents Helping Incredible Teachers) * is a twice a month opportunity to help teachers with whatever projects need work. Great way to meet other parents. Younger siblings welcome. Thursdays from 8:00am to 11:00am. Stop in for 15 minutes to work on one project or stay for the morning. Contact Colleen Seigar at email@example.com for more information or be added to the contact list.
love kids. love books. volunteer at our library. *
Volunteering in the library/media center is a wonderful way to connect with Congdon kids through their elementary years. Congdon has an amazingly high number of books that are circulated each year. We would love your help!
how: help the librarian, Ms. Eason, by checking in/out books for students, shelving books and assisting with special projects. Training, information & guidance is provided.
when: as you are able. A schedule (in two hour increments) will be posted online in Volunteer Spot. Come for the full two hours or stay for 30 minutes. Some people like to sign up for a certain day each week/month. Other people enjoy working the days their child’s class is in the library. You could also schedule it when you happen to be at the school for other commitments. Signups are online so you can manage your own availability, but please connect with Michelle Henningsgaard to get additional information. http://signup.com/go/8WnxuF
interest or questions: please contact Michelle Henningsgaard at 218-329-0261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see here for a map of the library
Please see here for the schedule of when classes are visiting the library.
*Kid friendly - You can volunteer for this with your child along. Please be sure to bring along a snack & activity for any children helpers. :)