Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Students focus on exciting career/post-secondary pathways that fit their personality and academic interests.
We GET to Work!
- Today's CTE is for all students, integrated with academics in a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- CTE courses are taught by some of the most highly qualified professionals in the region - over 80% come from industry first and then education. Real-world knowledge and connections help students explore and succeed in the competitive job market.
- Students work hands-on with the material and learn life skills, preparing for the workforce of tomorrow by gaining work skills beyond individual content specialties.
- High school students can earn college credit in their area of interest, a great head start.
- Courses may help students qualify for and earn accreditation/certification in their area of interest.
- Career Clubs provide experiences beyond the classroom and help students connect to their schools.
- The goal is to help students GET to work - that means high-paying careers, both regionally and globally.
Programs of study are offered in 6 broad Minnesota Career Fields with exposure to over 13 career clusters and pathways. Programs of study at Denfeld and Duluth East: