Assessment is the process of gathering evidence of student learning to guide educational decisions. Assessments are designed to provide information about student learning for a particular purpose, and the purposes and uses of assessment information differ at each level of the educational system (classroom, district/schools, and state). In other words, there is no single assessment that can be used to support all purposes and uses. The Duluth Public Schools strives to utilize a comprehensive and balanced assessment system that includes a variety of assessment types, each with a clear purpose, providing useful results across the system.
- 2023-2024 District Testing Schedule
- 2023-2024 ACCESS Testing Schedule by School
- 2023-2024 MCA/MTAS Testing Schedule by School
- Parent/Guardian Guide and Refusal for Student Participation in Statewide Testing
- Frequently Asked Questions: Why Statewide Assessments Matter
- Statewide Testing-Additional Information
- Minnesota Report Card
The Department of Assessment and Evaluation manages all requests to conduct research within the Duluth Public Schools.
All requests to conduct research in the Duluth Public Schools must be approved by the Grants, Research, and Partnerships Committee. To apply for consideration:
- Complete Research Request Form
- Forward an electronic copy of your approved IRB application to Dr. Tawnyea Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted, you will be notified of the date that the Grants, Research, and Partnerships Committee will review your request; you may be asked to attend the meeting, depending on the complexity of your request. You will receive an email with the committee's decision as well as next steps, within 1-2 business days.
Tawnyea L. Lake, Ph.D.
Director of Assessment and Evaluation
District Assessment Coordinator
609 Portia Johnson Drive
Duluth, MN 55811